How To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Suffolk Home For Good
March 14, 2022
Realizing that you have mice in your Suffolk home may be unsettling, but it’s also something that must be dealt with quickly and effectively.
Mice are active pests year-round, meaning they can invade Suffolk homes through all seasons. However, mice are most likely to invade during the fall and winter as the temperatures drop, searching for resources such as food, water, and warm shelter.
Read on for the signs of a mouse infestation in your Suffolk home and the diseases that mice in Suffolk can spread. We also explain why it’s so hard to eliminate mice in your Suffolk home alone and the trick to getting rid of mice in your Suffolk home.
Clear Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Suffolk Home
When mice invade Suffolk homes, they leave clear signs of their presence. The following three signs are certainly grounds for pest control services in Suffolk:
- Mice droppings are small and dark brown or black and measure about five millimeters long. These may be scattered about your home, particularly in corners and around the perimeters of the room.
- Grease rubs are an oily residue leftover on walls when mice rub up against them.
- Urine pillars are essentially urine combined with dirt, grease, and hair to create small mounds. This sign indicates that an infestation has been going on for quite some time.
The Diseases Mice In Suffolk Can Spread
Mice are known to carry bacteria that can cause sickness in people. Some of the diseases they are known to cause include:
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
Mice also carry parasites, such as ticks and fleas, which carry disease-causing bacteria of their own.
Mice spread bacteria through their living and nesting behaviors and contaminate surfaces they walk on with their saliva, urine, and feces. A mouse defecates up to 80 times a night, and they use these three components to build their nests. When they dry, bacteria in urine and feces will aerate into the air.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Suffolk Home
Mice are a challenge for homeowners to tackle on their own for a few reasons. Read on for three of them:
- Mice have high reproduction rates, with female house mice able to yield six offspring every three weeks. In a short time, a small mouse problem can grow into a full-blown infestation with more mice than you may think. And to eradicate an infestation, you’ll need to exterminate every mouse in the house.
- Mice tend to return to the same place that has afforded them food and shelter before, so if they’ve been there and got away, they’re likely to return.
- Mice commonly learn to avoid traps, making this technique difficult to tackle an infestation.
They hide out of sight in hard-to-reach places, making it hard to understand the full extent of the size of an infestation.
The Trick To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Suffolk Home
To eliminate a mouse infestation in your Suffolk home, you’ll need a hand from the local pest control professionals. HomeTown Pest Control has been serving homes and businesses in Suffolk and Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and Norfolk, since 2011. We offer a range of home pest services and products to suit your specific needs, including eco-friendly and pet-friendly pest control products.
If you suspect you have mice or other pests in your Suffolk home, call HomeTown Pest Control today at 757-280-2667.