The Best Way To Keep Ants Away From Your Suffolk Home
June 15, 2022
Ants are those pests where you’ll see a few and kill them; then, the next time you look up, you have an entire ant colony at your kitchen window. Immediately, you’re looking up how to get rid of ants, when really you should be trying to get to the bottom of why they’re in your home in the first place!
‘Why are there ants in my house?’ That’s a good question. The answer could be a multitude of reasons, actually. And while you can implement different types of DIY home pest control strategies to your home, you’re likely not going to get to the underlying source. And that’s what we’re here to do for you.
Pest control in Suffolk is here to help homeowners and residents not only get rid of the ants infesting your home but also find the source for complete eradication.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Homes
Once ants invade your home, they’re officially ‘invasive’ and a nuisance, especially the ants that cause property damage and food contamination.
More common to Suffolk are these ants:
- Pavement Ants: More of a nuisance and known for creating nests in the cracks of pavement or cement but will invade your home as well.
- Red Imported Fire Ants: Extremely aggressive; will sting anything they feel is a threat.
- Carpenter Ants: Largest species of household ants; build nests in structural wood but prefers decaying wood the most.
- Odorous Ants: These ants produce a foul odor, and when crushed, they emit a rotten coconut smell.
- Argentine Ants: Because they have thousands of workers and hundreds of queens all working together, these pests spread rapidly.
These ants are very common in the area and extremely hard to get rid of without the help of professional ant control services.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
There are three major problems that ants can cause in your home. Without ant pest control, these problems become issues you live with daily.
- All ants contaminate food, but odorous ants are the worst. On top of the foul odor they secrete, they’re also vectors for E. coli, salmonella, and staphylococcus.
- Carpenter ants are the culprits when it comes to property damage. These ants will establish a colony inside your home and create nests inside the wood, damaging structural supports.
- All ants are a nuisance, but pavement and odorous ants are the worst as they come in large numbers and get into any and everything you leave open to them.
The moment you see ants, even if it’s just a few ants, call Hometown Pest Control immediate for ant control in Suffolk.
Easy Ant Prevention Tips
There are quite a few ways to stop ants dead in their tracks. The key to keeping them from entering your home is eliminating their entry points.
Here are some prevention tips to keep in mind:
- Wipe counters and keep crumbs off the floor.
- Repair leaking pipes and use a dehumidifier to dry up their water supply.
- Seal off any cracks and crevices in your home and repair torn window and door screens.
- Properly clean and store pet food and water bowl when they finish for the day.
These are all easy ways to prevent ants from entering your home. But, of course, this is only effective when you don’t already have an ant infestation going on in your home.
Safe & Effective Ant Control For Suffolk Homes
The best way to approach effective ant control in your Suffolk home is to trust the pros. We here at Hometown Pest Control know how frustrating it can be to see a few ants and then a total infestation. We have all the right tools and equipment to put your mind at ease to rid your home of such pests. Call today to speak to one of our expert technicians to set up your inspection.